Annnnnnnnnnnd we’re back! We took a week break last week because I had to run the City2Surf so we didn’t get a chance to do something before badminton 🙂 (though we did visit Espresso Organica again afterwards – mm Meat Platter!).
So after recovering from the run the whole week (oops, should have stretched afterwards haha) we got the schedule back on track! In fact, this will be another double post.
I’ll write this one up, take a quick break and get on the image for Entry 17..
Angie I’m going to dedicate this post to you since you LOVE eggs :), so pay attention!!
Edit: looks like I misread – not 2-cup but I definitely felt it deserved it ;), maybe next year?
Alright, today’s feature is Plunge (Cafe) No. 46 @ Summer Hill – awarded a “2-cup” status by Sydney Morning Herald (2012).
Trying a new font today but I know (unless you enlarge it by clicking on it!) it will be a bit unreadable.. no worries, I’ll type the food items out since it’s actually quite a long (delicious) list!
So if any of you have the SMH Good Cafe Guide 2012 then you may have heard of this place. It’s actually located really close to the train station, tucked away in a pretty quiet street – although I’m not too sure since the waitress said today was surprisingly quiet (around the area that is).
Not really a lot to say, the coffee was excellent (apparently S’s special espresso was really, really good 🙂 – wonder how often they have this?), food was great and so was their staff (even somewhat playful!). So I thought I might use this time to list down what I was attempting to type in the image.. So starting top left to bottom right..
- Flat White & Cappuccino
- Baked Eggs, Sucuk Sausage, Tomato, Spinach, Dukkah, Afghan Bread (last part couldn’t fit!)
- Smashed Eggs (!!), Pickled Ham Hock, Sprout Salad
- Coffee ‘single estate’ – Brazil “yellow bourvon”, laranjal farm – natural process, chocolate & nut taste w orange jest acidity (best as espresso, macchiato or long black)
- Freshly squeezed Juice – Mandarin, lycee (says lycee on the menu.. but I suspect Lychee; just went with it!) & lime
- Wild Mushrooms, Poached Eggs, Spinach, Hollandaise (sauce), Toast
Not only did the poached eggs pass E’s test, it “..passed with flying colours.” as E said. There’s still a bunch of items on the menu that I’d wish to try, especially their lunch menu! Someday I will take mum here because she complained about the lack of variety in mushroom types @ Bar Biscotti! Hmph! The Wild Mushrooms + Eggs should fix that problem!!
- Coffee Stain Brushes
- Sticky Tape Brushes
- Hand Writing Font
- Artskyd Hand Font
- Hand Test Font
- E (and Stanley) for the photos and reference photos for the menu (very, very appreciated! So much to remember!)
46 Lackey Street
Summer Hill, NSW 2130
Ah right, their coffee beans / blend are from Coffee Alchemy – which is definitely on the list and due for a visit!! Also.. the fact that they have no (need for) business cards and a proper website really speaks volumes!