Alright so this is going to be short because I just got back from Melbourne (food posts to come).. having a quick late night dinner now before I go to bed as I got work tomorrow / today..!
Last few years I use to PS up some brackets and stuff but I just can’t be bothered this year (mainly because of the timing and the fact that I think Chicago just doesn’t have a chance this year.. which is OK, next year!).
Alright so in my very early predictions before the season started, here is what I had for West and East teams that would make the Playoffs (check the link for reasoning).
No particular order.
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- San Antonio Spurs
- LA Lakers
- LA Clippers
- Portland Trail Blazers
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- Denver Nuggets
- Memphis Grizzlies
- Wild Card: Houston Rockets (before Harden trade)
- Chicago Bulls
- Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics
- Indiana Pacers
- New York Knicks
- Brooklyn Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers (before Bynum out whole season)
- Atlanta Hawks
- Wild Card: Cleveland Cavaliers
So my scores went:
West: 6.5 (count Wild Card as .5) / 8.5
East: 7 (count Wild Card as .5) /8.5
Overall I think that was pretty good guessing from my part.. I was hoping Timberwolves would come out stronger with their International roster + the return of Roy.. but who knew that Love would be on / off this season due to injuries. I still think he’ll end up leaving soon.
For Phillies’ sake I hope Bynum can recover for next season and give a glimpse of reinforcement that they didn’t get trade baited..
Very happy with Denver, clinching the 3rd seed in the West. Happy for Golden State because they finally get to go back into the playoffs, Curry has really exploded this season and I’m loving it.
OK fun part! In short, I want Thunder or Spurs to win it all. Here’s how I hope things will play out..
Round 1: yes, I know some games have played already.. I was busy!
- OKC v HOU -> OKC to advance in 5
- SAS v LAL -> SAS to advance in 6
- DEN v GSW -> DEN to advance in 7 (feels like a lot of running)
- LAC v MEM -> LAC to advance in 6
- MIA v MIL -> MIA to advance in 5 (good to see MIL back in the playoffs)
- NYK v BOS ->NYK to advance in 5
- IND v ATL -> IND to advance in 6
- BKN v CHI -> CHI to advance in 6 (bias, I know :))
- OKC v LAC -> OKC to advance in 6 (will be hoping to see this matchup.. should be great)
- SAS v DEN -> SAS to advance in 7 (I hope Denver runs them out the building as much as possible)
- MIA v CHI -> MIA to advance in 6
- NYK v IND -> NYK to advance in 6
Round 3 (W/E-CF):
- OKC v SAS -> SAS to advance in 6
- MIA v NYK -> NYK to advance in 7 (I’m going to buy Rowan’s prediction here.. I saw how strong their players are looking so let’s see.. would be so interesting)
- SAS v NYK -> SAS in 6 (+ fairytale endings for Timmy and Pop etc)
Last year’s predictions were all wrong so let’s see how I do this year..
OK for the awards I had (I’ll bold / add who I think now):
- LeBron James [MIA]
- Kevin Durant [OKC]
- Tony Parker [SAS]
Defensive Player of the Year
- Dwight Howard [LAL]
- Serge Ibaka [OKC]
- DeAndre Jordan [LAC]
- Andre Iguodala [DEN]
Sixth Man of the Year
- Jamal Crawford [LAC]
- Manu Ginobili [SAS]
- Er.. who else is a 6th man.. um.. Spencer Hawes ?! [PHI]
- J.R. Smith [NYK]
Most Improved Player – .. no idea.. but here are some that need improvement
- Brandon Knight [DET]
- Jimmer Fredette [SAC]
- Kemba Walker?! [CHA]
- ?? still no idea – Nikola Vučević[ORL]??
Rookie of the Year
- Anthony Davis [NOH]
- Damian Lillard [POR]
- Erm.. yeah stuck on this one, dunno.. Thomas Robinson [SAC] maybe..
Coach of the Year
- Gregg Popovich [SAS]
- Avery Johnson [BKN]
- George Karl [DEN]
OK! Round 1 part 2 starts tomorrow! Let’s go Bulls and Nuggets!!